Embraced by its native Australian landscape, 'Illalangi' is a unique steel-constructed residence set amid a sprawling 3.5-acre semi-woodland block. With multiple versatile dwellings onsite, this exquisite property takes in stunning elevated views towards Maitland and the hills of the Watagans National Park beyond.
Surrounded by park-like gardens, mature plantings and large lawn areas, the near-new home's striking exterior is a Colorbond® steel masterpiece. Cleverly designed to ensure maximum visual appeal and function, the structure includes a 26-degree gable roof design with a post-free, two-metre overhang for all-weather verandah coverage.
The home's main living and dining areas are open plan, grandly proportioned and easily transcend outdoors on the northern and southern sides. A large contemporary kitchen completes this living space, with its stainless steel, five burner gas cooktop and electric oven, dishwasher and ample storage.
A Saxon wood-burning fireplace with 6.3 metre flue to the roof's peak adds a stately touch to the home's interior, while two split system reverse cycle air conditioning units feature in the lounge and one bedroom.
Carpet and woodgrain-design vinyl flooring, ceiling fans, heat insulating and energy saving Low-E glass windows and doors, and gas hot water feature throughout.
All three bedrooms are positioned on the ground floor of the home and step outside to the extensive wraparound timber deck, with the master bedroom including an en suite and dressing room.
Upstairs, a mezzanine level is accessed at either end of the home, adding two separate cosy nooks for reading, study or play on the western end, with a single, elongated room on the eastern end showcasing an extra living space-come-fourth bedroom or home office.
A sun-drenched deck, separate Wisteria-cloaked pergola with woodfire pizza oven and concrete patio to the rear all provide fantastic opportunities for intimate or extravagant entertaining.
Located just seven minutes from Paterson's historical village with its grocery, medical and general convenience services, this beautiful property will appeal to buyers seeking space, privacy and comfort.
Additional features include:
- Detached cabin with pergola - ideal artist studio or home office
- Dual carport with additional space for small vehicle/equipment
- Large under house storage area; vegetable garden with potential
- 20,000-litre water tank on front of block (for fire truck access)
- 2 x 23,000 litre rainwater tanks beside the house
- 23,000-litre rainwater tank at top of block for watering garden
- Workshop and home office fit-out in converted 40-foot shipping container
- Additional garage/storage space in converted 20-foot shipping container
- Approximately half of property cleared, other half native woodland
- Only 20 minutes' drive to Maitland's CBD and The Levee