Set back from the road, this private sanctuary is your chance to escape the noise of the city and take a breath. Offering versatile accommodation perfect for a growing family or for hosting, bring a sense of natural wonder into your life with towering gums, native birdlife and a property big on space. The classic Colonial-style design has an excellent layout with flexible family areas to provide carefree single level living. Outdoor entertaining mixes with indoor comforts to create a rural retreat, all within minutes of the gorgeous Hunter Valley wineries.
- There's room for the whole family with four bedrooms and built-ins, generous master bedroom with walk-in robe plus ensuite; new carpet, ceiling fans and curtains in all; a studio at the back of the garage could become a teen retreat or granny flat
- Feel the warmth of the home in a central open family room with cosy wood fire for winter; an adjoining dining area and updated country kitchen features breakfast bar, new bench-tops, stove and microwave, dishwasher and easy-clean slate flooring; a separate formal lounge provides more communal living space
- A refreshed Federation-style bathroom boasts twin vanities, shower, toilet, smart checkered tiles; soak in the freestanding cast iron claw foot tub at the end of the day; the master bedroom ensuite has also been updated; plus internal laundry and linen closet
- Period detailing captures the old-world charm of the home: red cedar timber frames and doors, brick and stone feature walls, hear the rain under the original galvanised tin roof, a wraparound bull-nosed verandah adds insulation and character
- All the extras you could want: solar hot water, water tanks, split-system air-conditioning, new carpet and freshly painted throughout, double LUG plus carport, workshop, concrete driveway, covered tiled patio, citrus and stone fruit trees, garden shed and more
- Outdoor living is easy - sit on your verandah with a book or cup of tea and watch the wildlife, fire up the barbecue and invite friends and neighbours over while the kids splash in the in-ground pool and spa, keep chickens, grow vegetables and enjoy the cleared grounds
- Set on nearly 2.5 acres, there is potential to subdivide or take advantage of the proximity to the wineries and establish a homestay.
Situated on the outskirts of Greta, this lovely township boasts all the essential services including a primary school and doctor, plus a train station on the Hunter line to Maitland and Newcastle; the Hunter Expressway is minutes away, making it an easy 30-minute drive to Newcastle and its beautiful beaches, and Sydney in 2 hours.