With prime deep water frontage along the Paterson river, this unforgettable Federation home has been lovingly preserved and is now flawlessly presented. An exceptional heritage-listed property with only three owners in over a century, it has undergone extensive repairs to blend 19th century nostalgia with contemporary flair. Perched high above the riverbank on one side and with the seasonal colours of John Tucker Park on another, this stunning piece of Australian history is set on more than 4 acres of land and provides the freedom you've been looking for.
- Wander along the vine-covered pathway and up onto the covered verandah before entering through the original embellished door into a home kissed by history - 'Glenayr' - its floorpan centres around the combined living/dining room and then extends to a rear sunroom
- See the garden in bloom from your double-sized eat-in country kitchen; a large gourmet stainless steel gas stove and oven, dishwasher, stone bench-top, walk-in pantry and ample cupboard and bench space surround a hearty family dining area
- Five bedrooms with shelving and ceiling fans, one with ensuite, master with WIR and full updated bathroom with separate toilet; downstairs bathroom features claw foot bath; room for laundry and drying; rooms are interchangeable for study/office or formal dining options
- Grand period features abound with ceiling roses, stained glass windows, picture rails, original floorboards, wood fire, marble mantel, decorative cornice-work, arched architraves and 12ft sloping ceilings; recently painted and new fencing; hear the rain on the tin roof
- A refurbished deck is the pinnacle of relaxed living - perfect for entertaining or watching the colours change over the river at sunset; downstairs is a large covered storage area; the historic single garage and work shed has been fully restored; a four-car carport is high enough to park a caravan
- Escape to the rolling green lawns and tiered manicured gardens - brimming with citrus and native trees; retreat to the river bank with your own jetty and playground with swing-set and in-ground trampoline; laze in a hammock under the trees with a beer and book and watch the world go by.
Situated in the historic village of Paterson, you are moments from all the essentials - supermarket, butcher, cafes, pubs, chemist, petrol station and more. A five-minute walk to the train station and a 20-minute drive into Maitland means full conveniences are not far away.