Meet your subconscious - it'll be choosing your next home
Our homes are so much more than four walls and a roof. They’re spaces where special moments are shared, life events are celebrated and memories are created.
In order to find the perfect home for you and your family, you must first establish a connection during your inspection.
Yes, you’ll likely pinpoint the things that you know you want – the right location, the aesthetics of the home, how many bedrooms and garage spaces it has, the floorplan - but there are some elements that will guide your choice that you may not even be aware of. In fact, your subconscious will play a significant role in the choice of your next family home.
The subconscious relationships you share with a property could lead to:
- An inexplicable sense of belonging, happiness and feeling of balance in each space.
- A feeling of being truly safe and protected in the presence of the property.
- Feeling a distinct harmony with the location and the natural world that surrounds the home. The things you hear, smell, see, touch and even taste trigger a familiarity that makes you feel, well, at home.
- The creation of a sacred space that mirrors and supports your life. It may just be a box, but you’ll develop a strong bond and relationship with it.
If you are on the hunt for a home, here’s a few things to think about to tap into your subconscious and find the perfect fit.
Before the inspections:
- Imagine the ideal property for your family. Write down what it looks like, how it feels and where it is.
- Think about the budget you’ve set for your property. You may need to adjust some features of your dream home based on the funds you have available. Make sure you focus on the elements that are most important to you.
- Once you’ve established your dream home, start sifting through Domain, Realestate.com.au and our website to find properties that complement your vision and attend open homes and private inspections for them.
During the inspections:
- While exploring the properties you choose, visualise whether you can see your family living, thriving and creating memories there. Think about the way the property will complement a happy life for you all today, tomorrow and beyond.
- Think about how the property and the natural surrounds connect you to yourself and make you feel good. Is this your sanctuary?
- Don’t just look at the inclusions in an agent’s brochure. Explore the floorplan and get a true feeling of how life will flow each day and as your family changes and grows.
- Look at the roof shape and aesthetics of the home. How do they make you feel?
- Think about four things as you walk through each space – do you feel a sense of belonging? Safety and security? Harmony with the location? Is this your sacred space?
There are many unique elements and benefits to any home. When it comes time to choose, rely on both your conscious and subconscious self to make your decision.
Only you know what’s right for you.